Technical & Product Expert
Who is Vandapower?
Vandapower is a fast-growing company. It is a market leader in the niche market of distributing components for industrial batteries and several other markets. Our customers are both independent SMEs and multinational corporations. Through our operations in Oosterzele, Belgium and Austin, Texas we serve customers worldwide.
We strive to settle our leadership position in new markets and regions. This is made possible by combining our clear values, talented individuals, an agile organization and a strong focus on customer intimacy, market knowledge and service quality.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Technical & Product Expert in Oosterzele to support our expansion in Europe specifically in the market of components for e-mobility.
As a Technical & Product Expert, you will grow to be the technical authority around e-mobility components, especially electromotor controllers, electromotors, switches and related parts.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide product-related and technical information and advice to internal and external customers as requested.
- Support customers with designing and validating drive train solutions involving our product lines.
- Train colleagues in order to be self-sufficient where possible.
- Manage and execute small R&D projects.
Product Portfolio Management & Product Development
- As part of the global Product Management Team you specify, search and onboard new products in line with the company’s strategy.
- Validate new products, create them in the ERP system and make sure they are sellable.
- Provide the necessary internal and external documentation and training material.
- Define custom assemblies or configurations and guarantee compliance with the customer’s requirements. Provide clear production guidelines, training and proactive communication to the Production team.
Product Quality Management
- Analyze any product quality issues or questions.
- Conduct product validation tests both for new products and for assembly methods.
- Provide input for customer 8D reports.
Are you the right person?
- You have a degree in engineering or similar through experience. You have technical experience in e-mobility, electromotors and/or drive train solutions. You are fluent in English and you preferably have a (basic) knowledge of Dutch.
- You are solutions-driven and analytical. You can understand and explain complicated technical and service offerings. You work accurately. You can think commercially and work with customers. You are computer-savvy.
- You are entrepreneurial, a fast learner, and tenacious. You are forward thinking and never stop taking initiatives to drive success. You have a track record of over-achievement. You have a real hands-on mentality.
- You have superior communications skills and spotless integrity. Our values of Straight Talk, Respect, Reliability, Drive to Excellence are obvious to you. You accept feedback and you learn from mistakes.
What do we offer?
- We offer you a key role in a fast-growing, international, exciting company. We offer a full-time job.
- You join a dynamic team of passionate people, where teamwork and drive to excellence are defining factors. You travel occasionally.
- We offer a competitive package with an important result-based component, a fun atmosphere and we provide ample opportunities for personal growth in a fast-evolving company with a strong culture and vision.
Are you interested?
Do you feel energized by reading this job description? Do you think we can be your next plug for knowledge and experience? Send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Audrey Van De Velde.